Good evening everyone! Just about a week ago, I posted a grits with quinoa casserole brunch dish. And of course, this week I made it again, with a little twist. Thought I would let you know, just in case you thought you were losing it. I hope that you are feeling brave about trying it out. What I love about this version, is the crunch on top, along with the smell of the cheese, sunflower seed, and coconut mix in the oven. Enjoy and be blessed!
Activity: Making Coconut Grits with Quinoa Casserole for Breakfast and/or Brunch
Total Prepping and Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- (2) cups of grits
- (1/2) cup of quinoa
- (1) teaspoon of onion powder
- (1) teaspoon of garlic powder
- (1/2) cup of cheddar cheese or vegan cheese
- (1/4) cup of grapeseed, butter, or whatever oil you have
- (1/2) cup of soymilk or almond milk
- (1) tablespoon of parsley
- (1/4) cup of rice
- (1/4) cup of sunflower seeds
- (1/4) cup of cheddar cheese or vegan cheese for the top
- (1/4) cup of coconut flakes
- Bring three cups of water to a boil.
- Bring one-fourth cup of rice to a boil.
- Boil the quinoa for twenty minutes.
- Add two cups of grits to the boiling water.
- Stir the grits ever so often with a whisk.
- Add the milk, butter, cheese, quinoa, seasoning, and parsley to the pot and whisk together.
- Sprinkle the rice, then sunflowers seeds and coconut flakes on top.
- Add an extra layer of cheese and parsley to the top.
- Bake at 365 degrees for 22 minutes in a casserole dish.
- Cut into squares after ten minutes.
- Makes 7 servings.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Psalms 1: 2-3, KJV