Background on Vegetarian Meatballs
As our kids are in the process of becoming young adults, it gets more and more challenging to carve out connection time. They have their lives. You have yours. And to top it off, if both of you are working, then you are presented with even more of a challenge.
About a week and a half ago, my son was home to visit. We were both working and extremely busy. However, we were able to carve out some connection time together a little bit before he left, and we decided to explore listening to French music, catch up on each other’s lives, and make vegetarian meatballs.
I hope that you enjoy them as much as we did.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 pack of Lightlife Smart Ground Mexican crumble (little bit of a spicy kick to it) per bowl
- 4 teaspoons of chili powder, garlic powder, parsley, cumin, curry, onion powder, and garlic powder per bowl
- 1 pack of shredded cheese
- bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- 4 eggs (2 per bowl)
- Place one pack of vegan meat in two medium sized bowls.
- Add 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, oatmeal, seasonings, and desired cheese amount per bowl.
- Mix the ingredients in each bowl.
- Grab two cookie sheets and line with parchment paper.
- Use one cookie sheet per bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop the size of your choice to scoop the meatball mixture, carefully leveling off and pressing the scoop against the side of the bowl to solidify the mixture.
- Place the cookie scoop as close to the parchment paper as possible and then release the ball onto the sheet to reduce crumbling.
- Heat on 325 degrees for about 25 minutes and drizzle with barbecue sauce when done.
What are some of the things that you like to do for fun with your young adult children?