With everything going on, it becomes very important to keep a routine, practice wellness/self-care, and continue to let our creativity juices flow. I have been continuing to make my weekly concoctions. For the last month now, Culver’s has been a Friday treat for me. It eliminates me having to cook, and I can immediately begin to enjoy my weekend.
On yesterday, I was talking to my mom, and I decided to look out the window. There were chipmunks chirping, and a bluejay flying mid-air. Before I got a chance to tell my mother about the blue-jay, I noticed a nice-sized animal in the yard. It appeared to get along with the squirrel that was standing there. I couldn’t figure it out for the life of me. I ended up sending my mother and son a picture. Then, I sent one to my neighbor next. After tossing ideas back and forth, and googling their responses, I was able to come to the conclusion that what was in my front yard was a ground hog. Of all things! I told my neighbor, “There’s never a dull moment as far as what we will see on this property”. She agreed.
Well, here’s the recipe. I hope that you will enjoy it. Have a blessed rest of your Father’s Day!
Eggplant, Lentil, & Rice Casserole
- 2 eggplants cut into small chunks
- 1 cup of black lentils
- 2 cans of Hunts’s garlic and herb pasta sauce
- 5 tablespoons of cumin, onion powder, curry, turmeric, garlic powder, parsley, chili powder
- 2 cups of Mexican cheese
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil
- Boil your lentils in about 5 to 6 cups of water for about 50 minutes.
- While the lentils are boiling, boil your rice and quinoa for about 20 minutes.
- Stir-fry the diced tomatoes and eggplant.
- Dump all of the above into a wok and stir-fry for about twenty minutes, making sure to add the oil and seasonings.
- Grab a casserole pan and dump all of the above ingredients into the pan along with the cheese.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the cans of pasta sauce on top, garnishing with parsley.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.