A few days ago, I decided that I would make chicken tacos for my son and I, and then vegan crumble tacos for my daughter. Well, that would have been possible if I had tortilla shells at home. I had everything but tortilla shells and chips. Go figure! Since it was later in the day, I adlibbed on a meal for my daughter, and then my creative juices were flowing as far as trying to figure out what I would come up with for my son and I.
I decided to make what I call Garlic Butter Chicken Sandwiches. They were mouth watering good. I hope that you enjoy them and have a blessed rest of your week.
Activity: Making Garlic Butter Chicken Sandwiches for Lunch and Dinner
Total Prepping and Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- (2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- (1) container of sour cream
- (1) container of mild salsa
- (1) teaspoon of onion powder
- (1) teaspoon of oregano
- (4) tablespoons of vegan butter
- (1) teaspoon of garlic powder
- (1) jar of minced garlic
- (1) teaspoon of parsley
- (1) pack of Artisan hamburger buns
- (Optional): Shredded carrots
- Cut up the two chicken breasts into small chunks.
- Pour the butter into a skillet, along with the minced garlic.
- Dump the chicken into the skillet, along with all of the seasonings, and saute the chicken for about twenty to twenty-five minutes.
- While the chicken is sauteing, place the buns in the oven to toast for about ten minutes.
- Place the chunks of chicken on each bun, pouring extra butter as to moisten the bread.
- Add sour cream, and then salsa on top, with shredded carrots being optional for the last topping.
- Enjoy and have a blessed evening!
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High:
2 To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,
3 Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.
4 For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.
5 O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
Psalms 92: 1-5, KJV