I’m not sure if you are a meat lover or not. I wouldn’t consider myself a meat lover, but, I love chicken wings. And not just chicken wings. Fried chicken wings!!! It gets very tricky when it comes to buying fried chicken wings because some restaurants make them too greasy, or you end up with hardly any meat attached to the bones.
That defeats the purpose to me. Up until about 20 years ago, when I ate chicken wings, I had to have them with hot sauce. Now, I eat them with honey mustard sauce because I can no longer tolerate the hot sauce.
A couple of weeks ago, I had a taste for some chicken. This time it was for honey garlic chicken. This is a super quick recipe. It satisfied my taste for chicken, gave me a boost of protein, and I had something sweet to eat at the same time. That’s what I call a win-win situation.
Photo by Katina Horton
Here is the recipe:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of
- onion and garlic powder
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Cut the two chicken breasts into chunks and season them.
- Mix all of the above ingredients, except the honey, into a skillet of heated olive oil.
- When the breasts are browned, add the honey, mixing it well with a wooden spoon.
- Optional: Add parsley flakes to the mixture after it’s done for garnishing.